Tuesday, April 19, 2011

leave it on a bookshelf to evaporate

It's Spring Break! Which means, of course, that it is 37 degrees outside and raining. That also means, though, that this is how my cat insists on sitting as I type this, which is adorable.

I am spending my break reading and writing because going outside would be a depressing exercise. Things I can recommend that I have consumed or found in the past few days while locked in my apartment:


  • Tina Fey's Bossypants. I'm something like the 8-billionth person on the internet to recommend this this week, but I read it and it is good. It contains this sentence: "I had definitely never heard of anyone peeing in a cup and leaving it in their own office on a bookshelf to evaporate and be absorbed back into their body through the pores on their face."
  • This poster of the world's cats.
  • This video of a baby porcupine who has the hiccups and is also eating a banana.
  • This typographic map of the world, which was by far my favorite piece in the Typeforce show I saw a couple months ago and you can apparently now make your very own, as long as that lady restocks her etsy shop.
I'm going to go back to being cold now.

No comments:

Post a Comment