Sunday, April 10, 2011

trying again

I have tried having a blog in 1,000 different ways over the last 15 years. The first 5 years were less about blogging and more about having a "webpage" on which I posted pictures of The Smashing Pumpkins and "traded links" with people and joined various groups. I can't even remember what they were called then, but you put an icon on your page that included you on a list of webpages about The Cranberries or written by girls from Ohio or who like stars and then everyone clicked through from page to page, when surfing was still a concept that people embraced whole-heartedly.

Then there was diaryland and livejournal and then who knows how many blogs on blogger and wordpress and my own domain which at the time was called onomatopoetic.org because I was in college and come on.

And now there is tumblr and twitter and this. The only reason I think I might be more reliable this time is that I am older and ostensibly wiser, and that as of late I am writing regularly and my job does not drain me so much so as to exclude side-projects. And I may have finally accumulated enough life experience to be able to talk about some things with more authority and insight that some other people. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment